Monday, March 5, 2007

Still Winter

We are expecting temperatures with wind chills up to -25 degrees this week. We got 10 inches of snow last week so it seems like Spring is a long way away. I usually wear at least 2 layers at work...sometimes 3!

I am already beginning to write grants after just 5 weeks here though I wasn't supposed to start preparing these until my 2nd quarter here. There are 2 grants due March 15 so I will be very busy which is much better than having nothing to do. They are continuing to offer me as much grant & RC training as possible. Unfortunately, the outdoor/wilderness certifications will probably have to wait until the Fall.

Homesickness has set in, as expected, but I am thankful for all the support I have. Some of the other VISTAs do not have very much support at all from friends/family which makes me realize how fortunate I am. Plus it brings a smile to my face every time I see Molly running around the house, tail wagging, more & more confident each day...acting like she owns the place (she wears a tag with 'QUEEN' on it for a reason).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Holly!

Thanks for all of the great blog details. It sounds like you are off to a great start. It does look chilly there, though very peaceful as well. No doubt, you are a great asset to the chapter you've joined. Proposal work can be very draining - I get the 'priviledge' of doing some for business development at my office. :) Anyway, I just wanted to say 'hey,' and let you know I think you're doing great things. God's people in action! Big hugs, Marvin