Monday, March 12, 2007

Heat Wave

Happy birthday to Molly Brown. She has been with me one year now & we celebrated with a hike along the Merrimack River (that runs through Manchester, Concord). I will say to all those in VA enjoying the 60+ degree temperatures that nothing beats hiking in the ice & snow in March! We had a 'heat wave' this weekend & got up to over 40 degrees - nearly tropical it seems!

It was nice to find a church just 10 minutes away. A couple of girls have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome. We met for dinner & breakfast this past weekend. It was a nice change of pace since the moose & Molly don't talk back very much! People will slowly come out of hibernation as the weather gets warmer. I plan to start playing soccer again in the next month or two which will be another good chance to meet people. There's only one season up here from May - August & the closest indoor soccer is somewhere in Massachusetts so I'll just have to soak up as much soccer as I can this coming summer.

No comments: