Tuesday, July 17, 2007

MUCH Better Than A Kidney Infection

I have been deployed to Kansas to assist in the flooding. I'll be working with the IT folks out there which will help me in deciding if that is what I want to do next year. It's a great opportunity & I am really excited. They send you for 1 to 3 weeks so I'm really fortunate to have a supervisor who is willing to give me a break from grant writing.

My birthday is this Friday. As you may know, I spent my last birthday in the hospital with a kidney infection. It wasn't quite the celebration I had planned on for the big 3-0 but life is funny that way sometimes. I will say that this deployment is MUCH better than a kidney infection...maybe even better than the abscess I had in recent days though that is still being determined!

No comments: