Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time Flies

It seems hard to believe that it's already the middle of June. This Friday, the 15th, will be 5 months since I moved to NH. The time has gone by incredibly fast. I have been challenged & stretched way more than anticipated & learned more than I expected to in an entire year. For example, this past weekend I learned to drive an Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV), took a Psychological First Aid course yesterday, & plan to participate in a Shelter Ops & Simulation class this weekend. That means I can drive an ambulance-like vehicle to an emergency, assist in setting up a shelter, & assess you psychologically! Be afraid...be very afraid.

The grant writing continues as well. There are currently 4 in process for July deadlines. There is also the ongoing process of making plans for next year. I know that this year will lead to a number of opportunities for me. I've got 4 more months to decide though many of the application processes have to start at least a year in advance. I know that God has placed me here & He will show me where to go next...just wish He would hurry up with that!

Things continue to be busy here but I am enjoying myself. Guess the old saying is true - time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: